Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fashionista: Taylor Swift dress

It's coming closer to the end of the year which also means it is wedding season.  In November alone, I have 1 engagement party and 5 weddings to attend to.  (It is actually only within a 2 week time span too!).

Now, since a girl can never have too many dress, I did what any girl would do..... get one tailored.  Custom fit is one of the best ways to flaunt your curves and hide what you don't like.

Although I can't show the dress at the moment (since its still getting made in the shop), I'll show you the style of inspiration for my dress.





Apologize for not taking a picture of the fabric earlier (silly me), its a Pantone 2716. Yes, I did a google search :P  It is this beautiful purple with blue tint to it.  Even the seamstress asked me what color it was and I couldn't describe it either.

Back to the dress, I'm not making it as see-thru as Taylor.  If you notice, she actually has a skin-colored lyra mesh which is helping to hold the dress together.  Mine will be higher in both the sides and the back.  Will definitely post pics once it is done.

Cr. Teen Choice Awards 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment