Sunday, August 26, 2012

Foodies Alert: Cafe Amazon @PTT Life Station

Cafe Amazon is a coffee shop that is located is most PTT gas stations.  It is easy to find.  Although I've tried their coffee before, I will always order their Iced Cocoa.

I'm constantly searching for a coffee shop/ cafe which makes really good iced cocoa.  Seems easy right?  What I've discovered is that not many places get it right.  At least, according to my tastes.  Just like dark chocolate, cocoa already has its own sweetness so it's not necessary to add a lot of sugar.

Some cafes will call it "Iced Cocoa" but its actually "Iced Chocolate".  Can't tell the difference?  Its basically sweeter and more milky.

What is the perfect Iced Cocoa? 
- It must have a rich intense cocoa flavor (loads of cocoa powder!!)
- Not milky
- Just the right amount of sweetness


For iced cocoa, it is 50baht (less than 2USD) per glass.  It might be expensive for some people considering that you can also find it for as little as 15-20baht.  But then, you will have to gamble whether you are getting proper cocoa or chocolate. On a side note, another one of my favorite places to get iced cocoa is actually from a market stall near my office.  Only 15baht!  Sadly, they closed down a few months ago.  :(  I have yet to find a replacement.

Cafe Amazon: can be found in PTT gas stations all across Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment