Sunday, May 20, 2012

Foodies Alert: Pancake Cafe

Pancakes are more than just breakfast food 


Pancake Cafe would be heaven for anyone with a sweet tooth (me! me! me!).  The decor of the cafe is really girly and cute.  The main color theme is pink with some black decor. Sorry that I don't have actually pics inside the cafe (forgot :S)  They actually have both plain pancakes, choco pancakes, and waffles.  So, customers are able to select based on their likings.

Anyways, I ordered 2 dishes.
1) Sweet Dreams :: Pancakes with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and vanilla ice cream.
First impression is that it was alright.  I got a flashback to Secret Garden's infamous Vanilla Crepe Cake.  Now that is really delicious.  It is delicious but it didn't find anything super outstanding.  The strawberry sauce on top was actually good but Secret Garden got the sauce spot on! Maybe it would have tasted better as a waffle?



2) Panoffee:: It is a pancake twist to the typical banoffee pie.  This one uses choco pancake batter with bananas, caramel, and whipped cream on top then vanilla ice cream to the side.  I actually expected it to be proper pancakes but the texture is more brownie or cake-like mix.  Not fluffy like pancakes.  Nevertheless, this is delicious.  They poured a bit too much caramel at the bottom but no problem.  I still wiped the plate clean.

There are actually lots of other stuff on the menu which looks absolutely yummy.  May come back here again so I can go through the entire menu once.  Thinking about it, the choco pancake seems to be like their chocolate lava mix (I had it the previous time I was here).

All in all, definitely a must try for people with a sweet tooth.

 Location: Paradise Park
Other branches: Nawamin City Avenue, The Circle Ratchapruk, Siam Paragon, Int Intersection Rama3

1 comment: