Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Foodies Alert: Grandpa & Grandma Steak (ตากะยาย)

Grandpa & Grandma Steak (ตากะยาย) is a small stall in a big shopping mall.  It is part of the Food Bazaar section in Paradise Park shopping mall.  There are many small stalls here which sell a variety of food from snacks, fruits, dessert, to noodles, korean food, and of course steak.  There is a separate food court located nearby but they are managed by different owners.


My family has eaten at ตากะยาย for several years now.  They started their business before Paradise Park was renovated when it still went by the name of Seri Center.  There was a fresh market (Seri Market) on the left wing of the ground floor and a supermarket (@ease) on the right wing.  @ease also had a food court so this was where the first ตากะยาย was located.

Their current location is probably their 4th location.  Only one downside about it is that there is no proper kitchen space so they aren't able to have as much variety as their previous locations.


Grandpa is making my steak!
I love this picture because they managed to find grandparent dolls. So cute!

Their food is made of very good quality and everything is homemade.  From the salad dressing to the pepper sauce on the steaks.  I managed to find out that the now retired Grandpa used to be a chef at the world renowned Mandarin Oriental Hotel.  No wonder everything tastes so good.

I ordered the pepper pork steak.  Basically, this is what I always order.  It comes with 2 sides which are salad and pasta.  My brother always goes with a double serving of the steak.


Since I'm not so good at describing tastes, all I can say is that this is a must try dish if you are ever in the area.  It isn't very often that I actually come straight out saying that something is really delicious.  Usually the ... it's alright or it's good. :)

The price is not expensive at all.  This pepper pork steak was only 75baht (2.5USD).  Honestly, I would rather eat this than go to Sizzlers.  Their steaks aren't always the best quality and it has a lot of fat.

Location: Ground floor of Paradise Park, near Lock N Lock store.

No comments:

Post a Comment